Solutions Architect – Network Security
IT Security is exploding with career opportunities and FocusPoint Technologies is positioned to become a leading IT Cyber Security company in the US.
- Responsible for assisting sales team members in the successful sale of Firewalls to our clients.
- Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Firewalls based perimeter security network and network security devices.
- Conduct knowledge transfer for clients during implementation of technology.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network and firewall problems, specifically Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco and Juniper.
- Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
- Be a subject matter expert on network and firewall related issues
- We are pay for performance organization and thus this a straight commission compensation plan.
- At least 2+ years of experience in firewall administration, Network and Information Security, network administration, systems programming, systems design, or related technical specialties. Experience in managing and administering network and firewall changes will be a bonus.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols. Knowledge of IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques essential.
- Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and network operations, firewall change requests, firewall configuration, network services, and network security
- Ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks and working with multiple application and system teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues.
- In-depth knowledge in deep packet troubleshooting with Wireshark and/or Riverbed ACE Analyst and tcpdump
- Knowledge of network routing (BGP, EIGRP) and switching protocols, multicast and QoS protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational, time management and problem solving skills are essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
- Verbal communication skills required as this position requires some interaction with requestors (usually application and technical project teams) and the network and firewall outsourcers technical staff.
- Position demands that the incumbent can work independently but also be a strong team player.
What FocusPoint Technologies will provide:
- The HIGHEST payout on gross profit in the marketplace. You will earn more with us than any other technology solution provider in town.
- You will be trained on the latest cyber security technology. You will receive as much technology training as you need to be successful.
- No NON-COMPETE. We are so confident that you will love working with us you won’t have a NON-COMPETE. Why? Frankly if you find another position out there that pays you better than we do, go for it.
FocusPoint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a work environment where everyone is treated with respect. It is our policy to recruit, employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications and competence. We will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.
We will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and executive orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
This policy prohibits retaliation or adverse employment action against anyone who exercises his or her rights under this policy or any anti-discrimination law, who cooperates in any company investigation, or who participates in any investigation or proceeding by any governmental agency.