Overview – what is it?
Not all organizations have the resources to hire a full time Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and yet security and risk management are just as critical to the resilience of small and mid-size companies as it is to Fortune 500 enterprises.
FocusPoint is a flexible and cost-effective alternative to a full-time CISO. You have the benefit of a multifaceted security team that can identify and mitigate vulnerabilities, establish security best practices, and implement the right technology to protect your business operations.
Finding and hiring a qualified individual that has the operational and technical experience to oversee your security strategy is challenging at best. Our outsourced CISO’s have decades of real-world security experience and are available on-site or virtually depending on your requirements. You have the benefit of a multifaceted security team that can define a comprehensive strategy, establish a clear technology roadmap and implement a strong security program to protect your business operations.
Benefits – What do you get?
What skills do CISO’s bring?
Your CISO will have previously held a senior security management role for a number of years and will help you avoid making costly novice mistakes. Your CISO’s areas of expertise include:
- Secure architecture and configurations
- Access control and privilege auditing
- All areas of application security
- Adherence to compliance regulations such as SOX, HIPPA, PCI, GDPR and others
- Incident response, risk assessment and security policies and process
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), File Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Encryption and tokenization
- Cryptographic key management and performance
- End-to-end and point-to-point encryption
- Holistic anti-malware and rootkit detection
- Secure messaging, MDM, anti-virus, anti-SPAM, DLP, archiving/journaling
- Network segmentation
- DDoS mitigation and clean pipe solutions